Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sarah's thoughts

In the summer we have been trying to eat WAY more fresh fruits and veggies. Often we'll have 2 veggies instead of a starch with our meat. Last night, we bought kabobs already made, but added marinade and then grilled zucchini (olive oil, s & p) on the side. It was delicious! I've also been dipping carrots and cucumbers in a low-fat dip or hummus for lunch.

My salads almost always consist of one nut/seed and some cheese and some fruit. I love Newman's own Balsamic Vinegrette or Olive Oil one, although easy to make one's own, I like Paul's for ease.

Some fav combos include:
-Goat cheese, walnut, grape (also pear and apple are good with goat)
-Blue cheese, pecan/walnut, apple/grape/pear
-Sunflower seed, craisins and mandarin orange

1 comment:

Sal said...

Julie commented that--
tilapia and mahi mahi which would go great with some of your salad ideas!