Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kelli's veggies and weekly planners

First, I love that you're all using this! I'm so inspired!! Congrats, karen on your pact with Dan!

Second, I don't know if this fits anyone's recent interests/requests/pleas, but I've been intrigued by a concept I saw in Real Simple, in two different places: using long thin strips of zucchini and/or yellow squash from a vegetable peeler, plus olive oil, lemon juice, etc. to make a salad. i tried it first with zucchini, lemon juice, tomatoes, goat cheese, salt and pepper, and it was okay but I thought it could have been better. The second recipe I found and am about to try uses both kinds of squash with olive oil, lemon and shaved parmesan. I'm also thinking it might be pretty/tasty to use carrot or cucumber prepared the same way, or with dill, vinaigrette, etc. I'll keep you posted.

Here's a link to one of those recipes and another variation.

By the way, I meant to mention that as far as eating healthier is concerned, Nicole turned me on to this a long time ago, but I just finally started paying attention. It's a set of meal plans for a week's worth of food for each of three approaches to eating--convenience, home cooking, or grazing. (Again, from RS. They should pay me.):

No comments: