Hi ladies-- it's been a while online here! I tweaked a recipe tonight for very easy veggies that I really loved so thought I'd share.
Cut up any variety of root veggies into 3/4 inch cubes or wedges of about equal size so they all cook in the same amount of time. Recipe suggested: carrots, parsnips, Yukon Gold or waxy potatoes, cipollini or yellow onions, rutabaga. Also can do beets this way, but roast separate from other veggies or will turn everything red. I used: carrots, potatoes and a vidalia onion.
Toss veggies with olive oil and some spices. I used Penzey's Northwest blend (Thanks, Kelli!) which was great. Recipe suggests: herbs de provence or fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Spread veggies on a baking sheet in a single layer. Recipe suggested putting down parchment paper for easy clean up.
Bake until tender and carmelized, 35-45 minutes. As they bake, shake the baking sheet or stir so each piece gets crisp crust.
No comments:
Post a Comment