Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yummy Easy Salad - The First In A Series

Was I intimidated by you healthy NIHers? Maybe. Maybe that's why I haven't blogged yet. But now, well, let's face it, I'm scared of Sarah. Not really Sarah - but Cyber-Sarah with her high tech blogs (which I can't believe I have actually contributed to.) And, again, let's face it - she's bossy. So I'm finally weighing in with a recipe - and no, I didn't stop eating healthy, but I'll be honest, I've had my fair share of leftover Halloween candy the past few days, so any inspiration right now will be a good thing.

Here's the funny thing - I'm putting one of Sarah's recipes up. My Mom brought this to my house the other night, and I was tempted to eat the whole salad. It's simple and easy, and anything that inspires me to eat more leafy greens is a good thing. Plus, it was a change from our usual salad of romaine lettuce, some carrots if we have them, bottled dressing - you get the drill. BORING!

So, enjoy!

Here's the salad recipe:
lettuce
sunflower seeds
craisins
1 can mandarin oranges

Dressing:
6 Tbls. olive oil
1 1/2 Tbls. red wine vinegar
1/4tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper or to taste

No comments: